The Bremhill reading room was established by Lord Fitzmaurice and his brother the Marquis of Lansdowne in 1882. It was financially supported by the Lansdowne family and subscriptions from members. In 1915, the librarian was John Palmer. His wife later ran it. The membership of the reading room was in decline by the 1920s but was still in use during the 1930s. The fall in members was partly blamed on 'disorder which frequently prevails.' The structure is now part of a residential property.
No location specified