East Tytherton is situated in a valley and clusters around the rectangular green edged by a grey stone manor. The 17th century cottage has a timber frame and is painted brick with a corrugated iron roof. The 18th century saw the Moravian Society established in the village, with a Church, Manse and Church cottage, and the community joined the Moravian Brethren in 1745. A new home for the single sisters was built 1785-6 and in 1792-3 the former Chapel and manse were rebuilt. The present buildings were built 1792-4 and are red brick with ashlar dressings and stone slate roofs. The Chapel is single storey and two 2 storey houses are attached at each end. There is a small timber bell cote at the east end of the manse. The buildings to the left are in Flemish Bond brickwork and to the right are English Bond. The Chapel was founded in 1792-3. The church cottage appears to be the girls’ school, added in 1793-4 and extended or altered later. In 1871 a school was erected for 50 children but had about 70 pupils. The Church still retains its original organ and gallery inside. Other buildings in the village are 19th century houses of rubble stone with ashlar.